William R. Horwath Ph.D.
AES Professor of Soil Biogeochemistry Soil BiogeochemistSoils & Biogeochemistry Program, Plant and Environmental Sciences Building
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
SpecialtyStable isotope studies, soil organic matter dynamics, soil fertility, sustainable agriculture, water quality, plant-microbe interactions, soil microbial biomass, denitrification, residue decomposition, root turnover.
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Soil sampling protocol reliably estimates preplant NO3− in SDI tomatoes
- Testing protocol ensures the authenticity of organic fertilizers
- No-tillage and high-residue practices reduce soil water evaporation
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Conservation Agriculture - Member
- Pest Management in ANR - Member
- Rice - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member