Assistant Cooperative Extension SpecialistESPM - Ecosystem Sciences
130 Mulford Hall #3114
Berkeley, CA 94720-3114
Ph.D. Environmental Science, Policy, and Management, U.C. Berkeley. 2010
B.S. Biological Sciences, Stanford University. 2000
Specialtyclimate, water management and freshwater ecology
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Watersheds and River Basins
- River Basins
- Wetland and Riparian Systems
- Finfish - Freshwater
- Watershed Protection and Management
- Weather and Climate
- Aquatic and Terrestrial Wildlife
- Conservation of Biological Diversity
- Geographic Information Systems
- Climate Change
- Natural Resources
- Sustainable Natural Ecosystems
- Water Quality, Quantity, and Security
- Howard, Jeanette K; Klausmeyer, Kirk R (2015). "Patterns of freshwater species richness, endemism, and vulnerability in California." PloS one 10(7): e0130710.
- Poff, N LeRoy; Brown, Casey M (2015). "Sustainable water management under future uncertainty with eco-engineering decision scaling." Nature Climate Change
- Grantham, Theodore E; Viers, Joshua H (2014). "100 years of Californiaâs water rights system: patterns, trends and uncertainty." Environmental Research Letters 9(8): 084012.
- Quinones, Rebecca M; Grantham, Theodore E (2014). "Dam removal and anadromous salmonid (Oncorhynchus spp.) conservation in California." Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries 25(1): 195-215.
- Grantham, Theodore E; Viers, Joshua H (2014). "Systematic screening of dams for environmental flow assessment and implementation." BioScience: biu159.
- Grantham, TE; Mezzatesta, M (2013). "Evaluating tradeoffs between environmental flow protections and agricultural water security." River Research and Applications
- Kondolf, G Mathias; Podolak, Kristen (2013). "Restoring mediterranean-climate rivers." Hydrobiologia 719(1): 527-545.
- Grantham, Theodore E (2013). "Use of hydraulic modelling to assess passage flow connectivity for salmon in streams." River Research and Applications 29: 250-267.
- Grantham, Theodore E; Figueroa, Ricardo (2013). "Water management in mediterranean river basins: a comparison of management frameworks, physical impacts, and ecological responses." Hydrobiologia 719(1): 451-482.
- Grantham, Theodore E; Cañedo-Argüelles, Miguel (2012). "A mesocosm approach for detecting stream invertebrate community responses to treated wastewater effluent." Environmental pollution 160: 95-102.
- Cañedo-Argüelles, Miguel; Grantham, Theodore E (2012). "Response of stream invertebrates to short-term salinization: a mesocosm approach." Environmental Pollution 166: 144-151.
- Grantham, Theodore E; Newburn, David A (2012). "The role of streamflow and land use in limiting oversummer survival of juvenile steelhead in California streams." Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 141(3): 585-598.
- Grantham, Theodore E.; Merenlender, Adina M (2010). "Climatic influences and anthropogenic stressors: an integrated framework for streamflow management in Mediterraneanâclimate California, USA." Freshwater Biology 55: 188-204.