Dr. Karen M. Jetter Ph.D.
Project EconomistUC Agricultural Issues Center
2801 2nd St
Davis, CA 95618
SpecialtyInvasive pest and diseases, agricultural production, marketing, food environment
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Market Economics
- Natural Resource and Environmental Economics
- Consumer Economics
- Domestic Policy Analysis
- Conrad, J. Louise; Madison, Thomas, et al. (In Press). State of Bay-Delta Science 2022: Invasive Aquatic Vegetation in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and Suisun Marsh: The History and Science of Control Efforts and Recommendations for the Path Forward. The State of Bay-Delta Science. Forthcoming.
- Jetter, Karen M.; Madsen, John, et al. (2021). Bioeconomic modeling of floating aquatic weeds in the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta. Journal of Aquatic PLant Management. 59s, 98-106.
- Jetter, Karen; Adkins, Jennymae, et al. (2019). Yes we can: Eating Healthy on a limited budget. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 51, 268-276.
- Jetter, Karen; Nes, Kjersti (2018). How does meeting the 2015-2020 dietary guidelines for Americans benefit U.S. fruit and vegetable growers? ARE Update. 21:5, 5-8.
- Jetter, Karen; Nes, Kjersti (2018). The cost to manage invasive aquatic weeds in the California Bay-Delta. ARE Update. 21:3, 9-11.
- Grafton-Cardwell, Elizabeth; Jetter, Karen (2016). What did the 2011-14 Ventura ACP eradication program cost? Citrograph. 7:4, 30-35.
- Jetter, Karen; Yarborough, Mark, et al. (2015). Building research capacity with members of underserved American Indian/Alaskan Native communities: Training in research ethics and the protection of human subjects. Health Promotion Practice. 16:3, 419-425.
- Hoddle, Mark; Warner, Keith, et al. (2015). Classical biological control of invasive legacy crop pests: New technologies offer opportunities to revisit old pest problems in perennial tree crops. Insects. 6, 13-37.
- Jetter, Karen; Morse, Joseph M., et al. (2014). The cost of the glassy-winged sharpshooter for California grape, citrus and nursery industries. California Agriculture. 68:4, 161-67.
- Palma, Marco; Jetter, Karen (2012). Will the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans be any more effective for consumers? Choices. 27:1, 9 pages. http://choicesmagazine.org/choices-magazine/theme-articles/potential-impacts-of-2010-dietary-guidelines-for-americans-/will-the-2010-dietary-guidelines-for-americans-be-any-more-effective-for-consumers
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- The cost of the glassy-winged sharpshooter to California grape, citrus and nursery producers
- With a ban on burning, incorporating rice straw into soil may become disposal option for growers